BUYING & MERCHANDISING INTERN
Bringing creatives all over the globe together is what is most desired at La Fam. Through creativity we want to unite the youth and we keep doing this through multiple channels. La Fam is known for having strong and creative power on social media. We pride ourselves in having an original and creative way of communication with our youthful audience.
We’re looking for a Buying & Merchandising Intern to support our Buyer and Merchandiser. This will include identifying La Fam’s buying needs and preparing the requests from Buying and Merchandising to manage all necessary activities. During this internship, you will learn how to take charge of tracking inventory levels, how to be aware of the need for buying products, and will learn to understand what and how much is needed to meet optimum levels of stock for the company.
Duties during the Internship
- Support the Buyer and Merchandiser in the needed documentation.
- Assess the company’s buying needs by looking through stock inventories.
- Monitor stock on a regular base so that orders are placed in time.
- Assist the Buyer with placing PO’s and making sure products arrive on time.
- Place rush (fast lane) orders for items that may run out on short notice.
- Create the orders and determine their accuracy by physically checking quantity and quality.
- Making sure that all stores receive the full collection before it drops.
- Follow up on order status and keep the Buyer and Merchandiser informed.
- Creating purchasing plans together with the Buyer and Merchandiser by analyzing stock data.
- Have a commercial mindset and prepare trend forecasts to give advice to the Buyer and Merchandiser which products are needed in the assortment.
- Monitor market changes, competitor prices and consumer behaviour to settle on the best possible prices together with the Buyer and Merchandiser.
- Keep track of important deadlines and create forecasts with the team to make sure targets are reached.
- Prepare all necessary documentation and reports to support the Buyer and Merchandiser needs.
- Currently enrolled in a study/bachelor/master, which is ideally Fashion/Retail/Finance/Product related
- Able to prioritise workload, have good organisational skills and a good eye for detail
- You have an analytical but commercial mindset.
- Great communication skills (English and preferably also Dutch)
- Highly motivated to learn and develop
- Excel skills are a plus.
- Available for a period of 6 months with the possibility to extend, starting 1st of September
If you are interested in this internship, mail your motivation letter and CV/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org